As a fee-based firm, some of CreativeOne's advisory representatives have an opportunity to earn commissions from the sale of insurance products and securities. Fee-only firms operate differently, as they only earn income from client-paid fees.
CreativeOne Securities Background
CreativeOne Securities opened for business in 2010. It is wholly owned by Creative One Marketing Corporation, an insurance marketing company. The firm's leadership team includes Jeff Eisenhauer, who serves as president and chief compliance officer (CCO), as well as director of trading Joel Mutuku, director of advisory business Allison Ryan and director of client experience Lanelle Southard.
CreativeOne Securities Client Types and Minimum Account Sizes
CreativeOne works with over 20,000 clients, the vast majority of whom are individuals below the high-net-worth threshold. The rest of its client base is made up of high-net-worth individuals, retirement plans, corporations and other businesses.
Those looking to open an account with a CreativeOne advisor will need at least $25,000 in investable assets. For the firm's Alpha Unified Managed Account program, you'll need a minimum of $150,000. However, if you only want financial planning or consulting services, there is no minimum.
Services Offered by CreativeOne Securities
CreativeOne Securities mainly provides investment management programs, tools and oversight. The firm also has a selection of financial planning, consulting and retirement plan offerings. Here's a breakdown of everything the firm can offer through its advisors:
- Investment management
- Making recommendations to investment advisers about mutual fund and variable annuity management services
- Third-party ChangePath platform services
- Separately managed advisory services
- Client choice investment management services
- Financial planning
- Estate planning
- Retirement planning
- Investment planning
- Tax planning
- Insurance planning
- Personalized, one-time financial analysis
- Investment objectives
- Estate management
- Personalized, one-time financial analysis
- Retirement plan services
- Plan sponsor investment advising
- Investment policy statement (IPS) creation
- Investment performance monitoring
- Plan participant education
CreativeOne Securities Investment Philosophy
CreativeOne Securities and advisors work directly with clients to determine their risk tolerance, time horizon, investment objectives and other important factors. Using this information, advisors tailor their investment advice and portfolio strategies to help clients meet their individual financial goals.
CreativeOne typically limits its investment advice to stocks, bonds, mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), variable life insurance and annuities. The firm generally sticks to fundamental and cyclical analysis when it comes to evaluating potential investments.
Fees Under CreativeOne Securities
Fees at CreativeOne Securities vary by the type of services requested. For financial planning and consulting services, hourly fees can range from $100 to $250, while fixed fees fall between $300 to $10,000. The firm's other financial services include fees based on a percentage of each client's total AUM. Depending on the program the client uses, investment management fees can range from 0.50% to 2.50%. Separately managed accounts (SMAs) are charged a negotiable flat fee.
What to Watch Out For
CreativeOne Securities' status as a fee-based firm means that some of its advisory representatives can earn commissions from the sale of specific investment and insurance products. This creates the potential for a conflict of interest. Despite this situation, the firm and its advisors abide by fiduciary duty, legally binding them to act in clients' best interests at all times.
Opening an Account With CreativeOne Securities
CreativeOne Securities' website features a contact form, which prospective clients can fill out to have an advisor reach out to them. You can also call (913) 814-6097 to find a CreativeOne advisor.
All information is accurate as of the writing of this article.
Money Management Tips
- When planning for your financial future, it’s often a smart idea to talk with an expert. Finding a financial advisor doesn’t have to be hard. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with up to three vetted financial advisors who serve your area, and you can have a free introductory call with your advisor matches to decide which one you feel is right for you. If you’re ready to find an advisor who can help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.
- SmartAsset’s investment calculator can help you reach your investment goals by showing you how much your money can potentially grow over the years.