9258 Wealth Management Review
9258 Wealth Management is a financial advisor firm in Blue Ash, Ohio (a suburb of Cincinnati) with millions in assets under management. It works mostly with individuals both high-net-worth and non-high-net-worth individuals. It also offers advisory services to some corporations, charities and pension plans.
The firm was founded in 2017 by Walt Lunsford, and it has rapidly grown. The firm offers portfolio management, financial planning and consulting services to its clients. It also provides consulting services to retirement plans, such as 401(k) plans.
9258 Wealth Management Background
Walt Lunsford founded 9258 Wealth Management in 2017 after spending 13 years as a managing director and senior vice president at Raymond James & Associates. Lunsford is the president and whole owner of the firm. Today, the firm serves a client base that includes individuals, businesses and retirement plans. 9258 Wealth Management seeks to create globally diversified portfolios for its clients, relying on an investment philosophy that prioritizes discipline, a long-term approach and balancing risk.
The firm's staff includes professional financial designations such as multiple certified public accountants (CPAs) and certified financial planners (CFPs).
9258 Wealth Management Types of Clients and Minimum Account Sizes
9258 Wealth Management works with individuals, high net worth individuals, pension and profit sharing plans, charitable organizations and corporations or other business entities.
9258 Wealth Management doesn’t currently maintain a minimum account for its portfolio management services.
Services Offered by 9258 Wealth Management
9258 offers three broad categories of services to its clients. The list of services is as follows:
- Comprehensive portfolio management
- Retirement plan consulting (for 401(k)s and other retirement plans)
- Quarterly investment monitoring
- Plan fee and cost review
- Provider search and plan set-up
- Plan benchmarking
- Financial planning and consulting
9258 Wealth Management Investment Philosophy
9258 Wealth Management formulates its investment strategies using the following six tenets:
- Investment decisions should be made with a long-term perspective.
- An investment’s long-term return is determined in large part by how much you pay for it.
- Balancing risk is essential, because the future is inherently unpredictable.
- Invest with with discipline, not emotion.
- Expand your investment opportunities globally.
- Market volatility can be used to your advantage.
Using these tenets, the firm seeks to create globally diversified portfolios consisting primarily of mutual funds and exchange-traded funds (ETFs). The firm will also factor in each client’s individual risk tolerance, time horizon and tax situation when determining the proper investment strategy.
Fees Under 9258 Wealth Management
For portfolio management services, the firm will charge a fee based on a percentage of assets under management. These fees will be paid quarterly in advance. The exact percentage will be determined by the following fee schedule:
|Fee Schedule for Managed Accounts*|
|Assets Under Management||Fee Percentage|
|$0 to $500,000||1.25%|
|$500,001 to $5,000,000||1.00%|
|$5,000,001 to $10,000,000||0.75%|
For retirement plan consulting services, the firm will charge a fee based on a percentage of the assets under management. The exact percentage will range from 0.25% to 1.00% based on the plan, the market value of the assets and the scope of the services provided.
The below table shows how 9258 Wealth Management's fees compare to the national median. Remember that these are only estimates and actual fees may vary.
|Estimated Investment Management Fees at 9258 Wealth Management*|
|Your Assets||9258 Wealth Management Maximum Fee Amount|
|*Estimated investment management fees do not include brokerage, custodial, third-party manager or other fees, which can vary in amount.|
For financial planning services, the firm will charged a fixed fee that will depend on the complexity of the client’s financial situation. The exact fee will be spelled out in the financial planning agreement between the client and the firm.
Learn more about advisors' typical costs here.
What to Watch out For
Investment advisor representatives of 9258 Wealth Management are separately licensed to sell insurance products such as annuities. If representatives sell insurance products to clients, they may earn the commissions typical of such transactions. This creates a potential conflict of interest, because representatives have a financial incentive to recommend insurance products that will generate commissions. Despite this potential conflict of interest, 9258 Wealth Management has a fiduciary duty to always act in its clients’ best interest.
9258 Wealth Management doesn’t have any disclosures, according to its latest SEC-filed form ADV.
Opening an Account With 9258 Wealth Management
If you're interested in opening an account with 9258 Wealth Management, you have some options for how to get in touch. You can call the firm at (513) 791-9258 or or fill out the contact form on the firm’s website.
All information is accurate as of the writing of this article.
Tips for Finding a Financial Advisor
- Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn’t have to be hard. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with up to three financial advisors who serve your area, and you can interview your advisor matches at no cost to decide which one is right for you. If you’re ready to find an advisor who can help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.
- If you're not careful, you can lose a good chunk of your investment returns to taxes. SmartAsset’s capital gains tax calculator can help you estimate what you might owe in capital gains taxes so that you can factor it into your investment considerations.