Published July 14, 2017
The Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express® (a SmartAsset advertiser) caters to frequent travelers, in particular those who are regular customers of Delta Airlines or their partners. By applying for the card, you gain access to a number of opportunities to earn miles towards free Delta flights. For every dollar spent using the card (fees or purchases of cash equivalents like traveler’s checks are not included) Delta will credit your account 1 mile, and for every dollar spent on purchases made directly through Delta they will credit 2 miles. Moreover, by spending $1,000 with the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card within the first 3 months of opening an account, you will earn 30,000 SkyMiles®.
In addition to helping you accrue miles, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express provides a number of travel amenities. For Delta flights booked using your card, you will have the option to check one bag free and board your flight early. Furthermore, international traveling won’t cost you extra as the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card has no international transaction fees.
With no annual fee for the first year of use, the American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card may be the right choice of credit card for those fans of Delta Airlines looking to save on traveling.
Rewards and Benefits
- Earn 30,000 Bonus Miles after spending $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Earn 2 miles on every eligible dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile for every eligible dollar spent on other purchases.
- Check your first bag free on Delta flights - that's a savings of up to $200 per round trip for a family of four.
- Want even more flexibility? Pay with Miles is a Card Member feature that gives you the option to redeem miles for all or part of the price of your tickets on Delta.com
- Settle into your seat sooner with Priority Boarding.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms Apply.
Requirements, Costs & Fees
- Credit needed: Excellent, Good
- Purchase APR: 17.99% - 26.99% Variable
- APR for Cash Advances: 27.49% Variable% Variable.
- Balance Transfer Fee: $5 or 3%, whichever is greater.
- Cash Advance Fee: $5 or 3%, whichever is greater.
- Penalty APR: 29.99% Variable.
- Annual Fee: $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Foreign Transaction Fee: None
- Late Payment Fee: Up to $38.
- Returned Payment: Up to $38.
- See all Rates and Fees
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Advertiser Disclosure: The card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which SmartAsset.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). SmartAsset.com does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Disclaimer: The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.