Highbridge Capital Management, LLC
Highbridge Capital Management, LLC is a fee-only investment manager in New York that manages money for pooled investment vehicles. The firm does not manage money for individual clients or any other institutional clients. If you are interested in finding a more traditional financial advisor for your personal portfolio, consider using SmartAsset’s free financial advisor matching service.
The firm manages more than $7.2 billion.
Highbridge Capital Management, LLC Background
HCM was founded in 1992. The firm is a subsidiary of JPMorgan Asset MAnagement Holdings, Inc., which is itself a wholly-owned indirect subsidiary of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
What Types of Clients Does Highbridge Capital Management, LLC Accept?
Highbridge does not do traditional money management for any clients, individual or institutional. It has a series of pooled investment vehicles investors can buy into as part of their own investment plan. If you are looking for an investment manager, use SmartAsset’s free financial advisor matching service.
Highbridge Capital Management, LLC Minimum Account Sizes
There are minimums for investing in HCM Funds. The minimum depends on the fund, but is generally between $5 million and $10 million.
Services Offered by Highbridge Capital Management, LLC
HCM offers alternative investment management and is focused on credit-focused private investment funds.
A number of strategies are employed by the firm, including: convertible and volatility arbitrage, capital structure arbitrage, fundamental equity, event-driven equity, fundamental credit and macro.
Fees Under Highbridge Capital Management, LLC
Fees are generally based on a percentage of assets under management. For HCM’s open-end funds, fees are between 1.5% and 2.0%. Performance fees of between 20% and 25% also generally apply. For the closed-end fund, the management fee is generally 1.5%. There is also a 20% carried interest fee for a subsidiary that is a special limited partner on the closed-end fund.
What to Watch Out For
As noted above, this is not a financial management advisor. It offers private investment vehicles. If you want someone to manage your money, consider finding an advisor with SmartAsset’s free financial advisor matching service.
Additionally, note that there are disclosures on record for the firm.
Disclosures for the following are on record in the past 10 years:
- Being charged with a felony and either found guilty or pleading guilty
- Violation of SEC or CFTC regulations or statutes
- Order entered by SEC or CFTC for investment-related activity
- Civil money penalty or cease and desist from SEC or CFTC
- Other regulatory violations
- Violations of self-regulatory agencies
- Violation of investment-related statues in a domestic or foreign court
Where Is Highbridge Capital Management, LLC Located?
The firm is located at 40 West 57th Street 32nd Floor New York, New York 10019. There are also offices in London and Hong Kong.
Opening an Account With Highbridge Capital Management, LLC
If you are interested in investing in HCM’s funds, you can call (212) 287-4900.
Tips for Investment
- Though this firm does not manage individual accounts, plenty do. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with financial advisors in your area in 5 minutes. If you’re ready to be matched with local advisors that will help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.
- A workplace retirement account can be a vital savings vehicle. See how yours could grow with SmartAsset’s free 401(k) calculator.