Highbridge Capital Management, LLC is a fee-only investment manager in New York that manages money for pooled investment vehicles.
The firm does not manage money for individual clients or any other institutional clients. If you are interested in finding a more traditional financial advisor for your personal portfolio, consider using SmartAsset’s free financial advisor matching service.
Highbridge Capital Management, LLC Background
HCM was founded in 1992. The firm is a subsidiary of JPMorgan Asset Management Holdings, Inc., which is itself a wholly-owned indirect subsidiary of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Highbridge Capital Management, LLC Client Types and Minimum Account Sizes
Highbridge does not do traditional money management for any clients, individual or institutional. It has a series of pooled investment vehicles investors can buy into as part of their own investment plan. If you are looking for an investment manager, use SmartAsset’s free financial advisor matching service.
There are minimums for investing in HCM Funds. The minimum depends on the fund, but is generally between $5 million and $10 million. The minimum investment amount can generally be waived at the firm's discretion, but not below an amount required under applicable law.
Services Offered by Highbridge Capital Management, LLC
HCM offers alternative investment management and is focused on credit-focused private investment funds.
A number of strategies are employed by the firm that includes convertible and volatility arbitrage, capital structure arbitrage, fundamental equity, event-driven equity, fundamental credit and macro.
Fees Under Highbridge Capital Management, LLC
Fees are generally based on a percentage of assets under management. For HCM’s open-end funds, fees are generally 2% annually. Performance fees of 20% typically apply. For the closed-end fund, the management fee is generally between 0.85% and 1.5% annually. There is also a 20% carried interest fee for a subsidiary that is a special limited partner on the closed-end fund.
What to Watch Out For
Highbridge has many disclosures reported on its latest Form ADV. The total accusations include:
- Being charged with a felony and either found guilty or pleading guilty
- Violation of SEC or CFTC regulations or statutes
- Order entered by SEC or CFTC for investment-related activity
- Civil money penalty or cease and desist from SEC or CFTC
- Other regulatory violations
- Violations of self-regulatory agencies
- Violation of investment-related statues in a domestic or foreign court
As noted above, this is not a financial management advisor. It offers private investment vehicles. If you want someone to manage your money, consider finding an advisor with SmartAsset’s free financial advisor matching service.
Opening an Account With Highbridge Capital Management, LLC
If you are interested in investing in HCM’s funds, you can call (212) 287-4900.
All information was accurate as of the writing of this article.
Tips for Investment
- Though this firm does not manage individual accounts, plenty does. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with up to three financial advisors who serve your area, and you can interview your advisor matches at no cost to decide which one is right for you. If you’re ready to find an advisor who can help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.
- A workplace retirement account can be a vital savings vehicle. See how yours could grow with SmartAsset’s free 401(k) calculator.