Did you know that there are over 280,000 financial advisors in the United States alone, all vying for the attention of potential clients? This fact paints a vivid picture of how competitive the field of financial advising can be. Keeping this in mind, financial advisors are incessantly on the hunt for effective ways to captivate new clients and expand their practice. Among other marketing strategies, seminar marketing can be a useful tool to help you connect with new clients. Here’s how it works.
SmartAsset’s Advisor Marketing Platform offers financial advisors services like client lead generation, automated marketing and more. Learn about SmartAsset AMP today.
What Is Seminar Marketing?
Seminar marketing is a promotional strategy that involves setting up and hosting informational workshops on specific topics designed to attract potential clients. If executed well, this can be a fruitful strategy to connect with prospective clients and educate them about financial management and investments.
The primary advantage of seminar marketing is to serve as an effective conduit for lead generation. Financial advisors can use this strategy to target clients who are interested in specific topics that will be discussed. Furthermore, seminar marketing can also help financial advisors nurture client relationships.
Presenting your expertise in a seminar can establish your credibility with potential clients and other financial advisors in the field.
How Financial Advisors Can Use Seminars to Find New Clients
Seminars can allow clients to connect with new clients in three compelling ways:
- Deliver valuable content: Seminar marketing can build client trust with a financial advisor. The information you share should resonate with target clients and be disseminated in an engaging and comprehensible way.
- Facilitate networking opportunities: Seminars can promote accessibility and interactions between advisors and clients. A Q&A session or cocktails post-seminar are common examples that can build stronger relationships with attendees and harvest more leads.
- Implement follow-up strategies: Maintaining a connection with potential clients post-seminar is crucial. Seminars can therefore create a natural occasion to follow-up via email, thanking clients for their participation or offering additional resources to help them learn more.
Top 5 Seminar Marketing Tips
Here are five general seminar marketing tips that could help you connect with new clients:
- Identify your target audience: Understand the needs, interests and demographics of your potential clients is the first step.
- Offer value through content: Providing value is a surefire way to invite and retain the attention of attendees.
- Leverage digital marketing: Social media and other digital platforms can be harnessed to promote seminars and attract more participants.
- Nurture networking opportunities: Scheduling interactive sessions during the seminar or creating a space for attendees to connect and the speaker can aid in building stronger client relationships.
- Master follow-up techniques: Follow-up techniques like sending thank you emails or proffering extra resources can help convert leads into clients.
Marketing Alternatives for Financial Advisors
Seminar marketing is not the only marketing strategy available to financial advisors. Alternative strategies include digital marketing techniques like content marketing, social media marketing, email marketing and hosting networking events, as well as traditional marketing methods like print advertisements or direct mail.
Every strategy has specific benefits and drawbacks. Digital marketing strategies, for example, can be more appealing to a younger, tech-savvy audience. While traditional marketing methods could generally engage an older or a less tech-savvy demographic. Networking events, comparatively, take a more personable approach to forging relationships and generating leads.
While seminar marketing can help financial advisors engage with new clients, it’s only one piece of the larger marketing puzzle. The choice of marketing strategy depends on your specific needs and the preferences of the target audience. But no matter which strategy you used (seminar marketing, digital marketing or traditional methods), you aim is the same: Attract new clients and retain existing ones.
Tips for Growing Your Firm
- SmartAsset AMP (Advisor Marketing Platform) is a holistic marketing service financial advisors can use for client lead generation and automated marketing. Sign up for a free demo to explore how SmartAsset AMP can help you expand your practice’s marketing operation. Get started today.
- Consider finding ways to increase your visibility online. When people need a financial advisor, they typically go to one of two places: friends and family or an online search engine. If you haven’t searched for yourself, take time to do so and see what comes up. How easy is it to find your website or social media profiles, for instance? How quickly and clearly does your online presence convey what you’re about?
Photo credit: ©iStock.com/jacoblund, ©iStock.com/PixelsEffect, ©iStock.com/sanjeri