Video marketing can help financial advisors connect with new clients through a dynamic platform that showcases their expertise, builds advisor-client trust, educates audiences, and establishes personal connections in the finance industry. If you’re looking you an effective strategy to draw in new clients, here are the ways video marketing can make you stand out as an expert for your clients.
Are you looking to expand the marketing of your financial advisor practice? Try SmartAsset AMP, a holistic client prospecting and marketing automation platform.
How Financial Advisors Are Using Video Marketing
Video marketing allows financial advisors to demonstrate their expertise and establish an online presence in an increasingly digital landscape. By using video strategies that rely on Search Engine Optimization (SEO), advisors are also able to reach more clients beyond their geographic limits and offer services in both accessible and engaging ways.
Traditionally, the finance advisory sector has thrived on person-to-person consultations and referrals. However, with the mainstream popularity of digital communication, video content has broken through in the industry by connecting advisors with clients and prospects in different ways.
4 Ways Video Can Reinforce Your Marketing Strategy
Video content can fit seamlessly into an advisor’s comprehensive marketing portfolio. Here are four ways your marketing efforts can improve if you add video into the mix:
1. Boosts Your SEO
Videos undeniably bolster a financial advisor’s SEO strategies. SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is a process that improves your website’s visibility on a search engine. It’s important because a high-ranking website naturally attracts a larger audience. A carefully optimized video can aid in escalating your website’s search engine ranking, making it more easily discoverable to prospective clients. As search engines favor websites delivering engaging content to users, video content becomes a valuable asset for boosting SEO capabilities.
2. Improves Your Mobile Visibility
As mobile devices are home to maximum internet traffic, it becomes crucial for financial advisors to render their video content mobile-friendly. An easily accessible and engaging video on mobile devices is likely to enhance user interaction, increase engagement rates, and improve conversions. A specific tip for mobile content would be to keep videos short and easy to understand considering that on-the-go consumers have a shorter attention span.
3. Increases Your Reach
Investing wisely in video marketing can enhance the reach and visibility of your content, primarily owing to social media algorithms that favor video content. This implies that such content stands a greater chance of visibility and shares, expanding your brand to a larger audience. Facebook and Instagram, for instance, prioritize video content in their algorithms, which might aid in boosting your visibility.
4. Can Validate Your Services With Conviction
As a potent validation tool, video content can significantly illustrate the worth and effectiveness of your services. Client testimonials, explainer videos and illustrative case studies can reinforce your credibility and expertise in the eyes of potential clients. For example, a client testimonial video on your website can increase the conversion rate of those who land there.
Strategies to Best Utilize Video Marketing
Strategically implanting videos on your webpage, such as on the homepage or service page, can ramp up user engagement and site dwell time. Whether it’s a video that explains a commonly complicated financial topic, or a client testimonial, video can add another level of authenticity and validation to anyone who comes to your site. For maximum engagement on your website, it’s advisable to position your video content “above the fold” on the homepage, making it immediately visible without scrolling.
On social media, videos with captivating thumbnails and attention-grabbing captions can soar the number of shares and likes, leading to follower growth. It can also engage customers in a way that your competitors are not as they will see you as someone they should trust because you’ve spoken to them on their level, where they want to be reached.
Financial advisors can also exploit their creative potential by developing animated infographics elucidating investment strategies or a ‘day in the life’ video to humanize their brand. There really are numerous opportunities for you to be creative and communicate your unique message and brand to potential or existing customers.
Here is a roundup of 10 common examples of video marketing that include some of the strategies that we already mentioned:
- Educational content: Creating videos to explain complex financial concepts, investment strategies, or market insights, offering valuable educational content for clients and prospects.
- Client testimonials: Showcasing satisfied clients sharing success stories or testimonials about their experiences working with the advisor, establishing trust and credibility.
- Market updates and commentary: Sharing regular videos discussing market trends, economic updates, or commentary on current financial events to showcase expertise and provide value to the audience.
- Q&A sessions: Hosting live or recorded Q&A sessions where advisors answer common client questions, addressing concerns and providing valuable advice.
- Virtual seminars or webinars: Conducting online seminars or webinars on various financial topics to reach a broader audience and attract potential clients.
- Personal introduction videos: Introducing the advisor and their team through videos, allowing prospects to connect on a personal level before scheduling meetings.
- Social media engagement: Posting short-form videos on social media platforms to increase engagement, sharing tips, insights, or quick financial advice.
- Onboarding and how-to guides: Creating videos to assist clients in understanding processes, account setup, or explaining how to navigate financial tools or platforms.
- Digital marketing campaigns: Integrating video content into email marketing campaigns or website landing pages to capture attention and encourage engagement.
- Virtual meetings and consultations: Utilizing video conferencing tools for virtual meetings with clients, offering convenience and flexibility in communication.
Refining Your Video Marketing Strategies
Augmenting video marketing efforts can range from optimizing video length and enhancing video descriptions for SEO to using analytics for continuous improvement based on viewer behavior. Tracking and learning from metrics such as video views, engagement rate and conversion rate can guide your future video projects.
It’s also essential to constantly innovate with unique visual designs and engaging storytelling to set your brand apart from rivals. You may want to work with an experienced marketer or firm to help you come up with a specific video marketing strategy that focuses on your firm’s needs.
Video marketing can help financial advisors connect with clients, demonstrate expertise and establish a strong online presence in an increasingly digital landscape. Setting up a successful strategy for your firm will depend on your expertise, resources and goals.
Tips for Growing Your Firm
- SmartAsset AMP (Advisor Marketing Platform) is a holistic marketing service financial advisors can use for client lead generation and automated marketing. Sign up for a free demo to explore how SmartAsset AMP can help you expand your practice’s marketing operation. Get started today.
- Consider increasing your visibility online. When people need a financial advisor, they typically go to one of two places: friends and family or an online search engine. If you haven’t searched for yourself, take time to do so and see what comes up. How easy is it to find your website or social media profiles, for instance? How quickly and clearly does your online presence convey what you’re about?
Photo credit: ©iStock.com/cofotoisme, ©iStock.com/g-stockstudio, ©iStock.com/AleksandarGeorgiev