Provisions Wealth Planners offers investment management services to various client types generally through a network of independent advisor representatives (IARs). Through these IARs, the financial advisory firm oversees more than $633 million in assets. For three years running, from 2017 to 2019, the advisory has made the Financial Times "300 List" for top registered financial advisors (RIAs).
Provisions Wealth Planners Background
Provisions Wealth Planners has been operating as an RIA since 2014. Its legal name is actually Advisors’ Pride, and it conducts business under a number of other names, including McKenzie Advisors, Strategence Capital and Infinity Wealth Alliance.
Martha Curtis serves as the firm’s CEO and president and owns 10% of the firm. The executive team at Provisions Wealth Planners has two certified financial planners (CFPs) and two accredited investment fiduciaries (AIFs).
Provisions Wealth Planners Client Types and Minimum Account Sizes
Through its IARs, Provisions Wealth Planners serves a variety of clients. They include:
- High-net-worth individuals
- Pension and profit-sharing plans
- Trusts, estates and charitable organizations
- Corporations and other business entities
The firm doesn’t impose an account minimum for investment advisory services.
Services Offered by Provisions Wealth Planners
Provisions Wealth Planners offers asset management advice for separate investment accounts. The firm also sponsors an investment management program, Strategic Wealth Management Program, through an arrangement with LPL Financial Corporation.
Additionally, IARs may provide financial planning services covering various topics, including:
- Retirement savings
- Insurance analyzation
- Tax planning
- Education funding
Provisions Wealth Planners Investment Philosophy
Investment approaches depend on the IAR as well as client's needs and risk tolerance. Generally, though, IARs may use the following methods of analysis when making investment decisions:
- Charting - tries to predict price movements by analyzing charts depicting past trends
- Cyclical analysis - involves studying stocks with performance that's closely linked to the overall economy
- Fundamental analysis - establishes the intrinsic value of a security by examining related economic factors such as its historical performance and where the issuing company stands in the overall market
- Technical analysis - involves evaluating securities by closely analyzing market activity statistics
Fees Under Provisions Wealth Planners
Management fees charged for asset management services vary and may be negotiable depending on the IAR. Generally, these asset-based fees tend to stretch from an annual 0.20% to 3.00%.
Keep in mind that advisory fees don’t cover third-party expenses your account may incur such as brokerage and custodial costs as well as fees associated with any investment funds in your portfolio.
Provisions Wealth Planners Awards and Recognition
As said earlier, between 2017 and 2019, Provisions Wealth Planners has been named to the Financial Times "300 List" for top RIAs. To qualify for consideration, firms must have at least $300 million in assets under management and a strong three-year growth rate, which the publication considers a proxy for client satisfaction.
What to Watch Out For
Most Provisions Wealth Planners IARs are also licensed insurance agents and registered representatives of a broker-dealer. This means they may earn commissions from vendors, on top of client fees, which can present potential conflicts of interest. Additionally, these multiple roles carry different standards of conduct, which can be confusing. So when receiving a recommendation, clients should be sure they know its basis and whether and how the advisor and firm may benefit from it.
Within the past 10 years, Provisions Wealth Planners has not been the subject of any legal or disciplinary events deemed material to a client or potential client’s evaluation of the firm’s business practices.
More Information About Financial Advisors
- Provisions Wealth Planners generally focuses on investment management advice, so if you’re interested in financial planning services as well, use our advisor matching tool to find someone who can better meet your needs. After you answer a handful of questions, we'll recommend up to three advisors in your area.
- Not sure if your finances call for a professional's help? Check out our coverage of the 7 situations when you need a financial advisor the most.
All information was accurate as of the writing of this article.