Lincoln Financial Securities Corporation
Lincoln Financial Securities Corporation (LFS) functions as both a registered investment advisor (RIA) and a registered broker-dealer.
The firm charges asset-based fees, hourly fees, fixed fees and commissions.
Lincoln Financial Securities Background
LFS traces its origins back to 1969 when it became incorporated. The firm became a registered investment advisor with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in 1985. Lincoln National Corporation wholly owns LFS.
This firm also offers sponsored advisory services through SEI Investments Management Corporation and AssetMark, Inc. Morningstar Investment Services, LLC, Brinker Capital, Symmetry Partners LLC, CLS Investments LLC, City National Rochdale, LLC, Flexible Plan Investments Ltd. and Pacific Financial Group Inc.
Lincoln Financial Securities Client Types and Minimum Account Sizes
Lincoln Financial serves individuals, high-net-worth individuals, pension and profit-sharing plans, charitable organizations, corporations and other businesses.
The firm’s account minimums typically vary based on account type. They range from $25,000 to $250,000.
Services Offered by Lincoln Financial Securities
Lincoln Financial offers the following advisory services:
- Portfolio management
- Financial planning
- Selection of other advisors (including private fund managers)
- Retirement plan consulting services
- Custom Wealth Advantage Choice Wealth Management Program
- Custom Wealth Advantage Program (which includes the Custom Wealth Advantage Separately Managed Accounts Program, Custom Wealth Advantage Unified Portfolio, Custom Wealth Advantage Mutual Fund Program, and the Custom Wealth Advantage Strategist Program).
Lincoln Financial Securities Investment Philosophy
Lincoln Financial’s professionals help clients evaluate different securities in various asset classes, according to the firm’s website. The firm also believes a successful portfolio contains the right combination of investment vehicles, and advisors analyze each security on its risk, style and performance.
Lincoln Financial Services Fees
For programs that rely on portfolio managers, Lincoln requires clients to pay a portion of the total fee up to 3.00% of assets. Fees for retirement plan advisory services are negotiable.
What to Watch Out For
LFS has multiple disclosures listed on its Form ADV. One of the violations, which stemmed from the firm allegedly failing to enforce certain procedures between 2007 and 2009, resulted in a fine of $525,000 and a Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) censure.
Also know that some advisors also offer investment and insurance products which charge fees that are in addition to the fees for regular advisory services. This can create a conflict of interest if advisors push products charging a sales commission but which are not in the best interest of the client. However, as an SEC-registered firm, LFS and its advisors must abide by fiduciary duty and act in your best interests.
Opening an Account with Lincoln Financial
You can set up an account with Lincoln Financial by visiting one of the firm’s offices or by calling an advisor at (800) 237-3813.
Investing Tips for Beginners
- Our investment calculator can show you how much an investment may earn you over time. You’ll just need to enter your initial investment amount, expected rate and dollar amount of contributions, expected number of years and your expected rate of return.
- A financial advisor can help you, whether you're a seasoned investor or a newbie.
- Finding a financial advisor doesn’t have to be hard. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with up to three vetted financial advisors who serve your area, and you can have a free introductory call with your advisor matches to decide which one you feel is right for you. If you’re ready to find an advisor who can help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.
All information is accurate as of the writing of this article.