Global Financial Private Capital, LLC (GFPC) is a financial advisor firm headquartered in Sarasota, Florida with over $3.5 billion in assets under management (AUM). The firm only has three financial advisors on staff, but it often outsources advising duties to unaffiliated investment managers with the consent of clients. The firm mainly provides discretionary investment advisory services, but also provides financial planning services and consulting on a stand-alone basis.
GFPC is a fee-only firm. This means that all of its compensation comes from fees that clients pay. This is in contrast to a fee-based firm, which may earn commissions from securities transactions or the sale of insurance, in addition to client fees.
Global Financial Private Capital Background
GFPC was formed in 2004 and has since grown to manage over $3.5 billion in assets. GFPC is a subsidiary of AssetMark Financial, Inc., a financial services company. AssetMark is in turn owned by Huatai Securities Co., Ltd., a brokerage company that's listed on the Shanghai and Hong Kong stock exchanges.
Among GFPC's 25 employees, only three serve in advisory capacities. Michael Bell currently serves as the firm's CEO, and he is a certified public accountant (CPA) with nearly 20 years of experience in the financial sector. Along with Bell, Lewis Dellarco, Jr. is chief compliance officer (CCO) and Andrew Barnett serves as relationship director and is a certified financial planner (CFP).
What Types of Clients Does Global Financial Private Capital Accept?
GFPC manages assets for a number of different types of clients, the vast majority of whom are non-high-net-worth individuals. Its other clients include high-net-worth individuals, pension plans, profit-sharing plans, charitable organizations and businesses.
Global Financial Private Capital Minimum Account Size
GFPC's minimum account size varies across its different accounts. Its investment management minimum can be anywhere from $10,000 to $500,000 depending on which model is being utilized. Sub-account management services within variable insurance contracts generally require a variable annuity or a variable life contract with a minimum value of $25,000.
Services Offered by Global Financial Private Capital
GFPC mainly provides discretionary investment advisory services to clients. The firm has non-discretionary services as well, though they don't currently manage any non-discretionary assets. GFPC also offers financial planning and consulting services to clients who specifically request them. These consulting services include estate planning, tax planning, retirement planning, insurance planning and more.
Sub-account management is another offering available through GFPC. For these, an advisor will manage your variable annuity or variable life contract. It also provides investment advice to private investment funds and real estate investment trusts (REITs).
Global Financial Private Capital Investment Philosophy
GFPC uses many versions of analysis and investment tactics to help drive growth for client portfolios. The firm aims to help each client craft and manage a portfolio that fits their basic needs in terms of their risk tolerance, time horizon and specific investment goals.
Its investment analysis methods include:
- Fundamental value analysis: Working to understand and measure the intrnsic value of a company or security based on quantitative and qualitaive factors.
- Fundamental growth analysis: Understanding the growth potential and horizon for any company or security that the firm is thinking of investing in for a client portfolio.
- Cyclical analysis: Understanding the cyclical nature of businesses, securities and financial markets to provide the best possible results for clients.
Here's a breakdown of some of GFPC's most important investment principles:
- Diversification: The firm looks to have a wide range of asset classes in every portfolio to help minimize risk and drive growth in any financial climate.
- Asset allocation: Each type of security within a client's portfolio will exist in a predetermined percentage that's chosen according to their personal risk tolerance.
- Active management: The firm maintains constant watch over all portfolios and adjusts them as market forces and client objectives change.
Fees Under Global Financial Private Capital
Annual fees for accounts held with GFPC vary and are often determined at the discretion of the firm based on a range of objective and subjective factors, such as account size and the complexity of the required services. These charges max out according to the following schedule:
- Investment advisory services
- Equity programs: Up to 2.90%
- Fixed-income programs: Up to 2.00%
- Separate investment management: Up to 0.90%
Global Financial Private Capital has one disclosure on its Form ADV. It refers to an event from 2014 during which an investment advisory representative of the firm was found to have neglected to forward a ratio advertisement to GFPC for review. The individual was fined $5,000.
Opening an Account With Global Financial Private Capital
To open an account with GFPC, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a consultation. You can also call the firm at (800) 220-0614.
Where Is Global Financial Private Capital Located?
GFPC is headquartered in Sarasota, Florida at 501 North Cattlemen Road, Suite 106. The firm also has offices in Austin, Texas; Clarkson, Michigan; and Bokeelia, Florida.
Tips for Building an Investment Portfolio
- Finding the right financial advisor that fits your needs doesn’t have to be hard. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with financial advisors in your area in 5 minutes. If you’re ready to be matched with local advisors that will help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.
- Determining a target asset allocation is a great first step to setting yourself up for success in investing. If you don’t know where to begin, stop by SmartAsset’s asset allocation calculator.