Published August 23, 2016
The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express (a SmartAsset advertiser) is one of the few American Express credit cards that offers access to the Membership Rewards® program usually reserved for charge cards only (cards in which you cannot carry a balance). The rewards program offers participants a bevy of options to redeem points, and the card offers several opportunities to amass points quickly for no annual fee. Upon first receiving the card, users of The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express can earn 10,000 points by spending $1,000 within 3 months. In addition, users of the card can earn 2x points on their first $6,000 worth of purchases from U.S. supermarkets (1x afterward), and 1x on other eligible purchases. Furthermore, by making 20 or more purchases in a single billing period, you can earn an additional 20% in points. All of these points can then be redeemed on travel, online shopping, gift cards, entertainment, dining, etc. or can be transferred to airline rewards programs like Delta SkyMiles® or hotel rewards programs like Hilton Honors®.
In addition to those looking for reward points, The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express may be attractive for those with outstanding debts on other high APR cards. With its introductory offer of 0% APR on purchases and transfer balances, The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express allows you to transfer debts still owed on other cards (for a transfer fee of $5 or 3% whichever is greater) and pay them off interest-free for 12 months. Remember, though, that after the introductory period, the APR increases from 0% to 15.24% - 26.24% Variable (depending on your credit score), so it is safest to pay back any debts before the end of the 12 month period. Furthermore, there is no annual fee for the card, providing more reason to transfer outstanding debt onto it. As long as you remain in good standing with American Express for the full year (otherwise you may lose access to this deal), you should be able to save a lot of money on interest.
The combination of opportunities to earn and redeem Membership Rewards® points, no annual fee, and a 15 month introductory period with 0% APR (afterward 15.24% - 26.24% Variable) could make The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express a safe option for your credit card needs.
Rewards and Benefits
- Earn 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- $0 balance transfer fee. Balance transfers must be requested within 60 days from account opening.
- Low intro APR: 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable rate, currently 15.24% to 26.24%.
- 2x points at US supermarkets, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1x); 1x points on other purchases.
- Use your Card 20 or more times on purchases in a billing period and earn 20% more points on those purchases less returns and credits.
- You spoke, we listened. Over 1.6 million more places in the U.S. started accepting American Express® Cards in 2018.
- No annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
Requirements, Costs & Fees
- Credit needed: Good, Excellent
- Purchase APR: 15.24% - 26.24% Variable
- APR for Cash Advances: 27.49% Variable% Variable.
- Balance Transfer Fee: $5 or 3%, whichever is greater.
- Cash Advance Fee: $5 or 3%, whichever is greater.
- Penalty APR: 29.99% Variable.
- Annual Fee: $0.
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.7% of each transaction after conversion to US dollars.% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.
- Late Payment Fee: Up to $38.
- Returned Payment: Up to $null.
- See all Rates and Fees
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Advertiser Disclosure: The card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which SmartAsset.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). SmartAsset.com does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Disclaimer: The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.