Do you know enough about financial management to take care of all of your investing on your own? Or do you need help from a seasoned expert?
That question comes up for millions of Americans each year.
If any of these describe you, you could benefit from professional financial advice:
1. You’re retiring soon – Maximizing retirement income requires smart decisions around complex topics such as Social Security, 401(k) and IRA withdrawals.
2. You manage your own investments – Individual investors should check their strategies with unbiased third parties. You may be overlooking opportunities in your portfolio.
3. You have children – Whether you’re saving for college or planning their inheritance, there are several ways to ensure your children are taken care of.
4. You inherited money – Have you noticed lottery winners often declare bankruptcy? It can be difficult to manage sudden increases in wealth.
5. You have a financial advisor – Depending on how you chose your advisor, there may be a better one for you. Family referrals are convenient but don’t always produce results.
6. You’re divorcing – Untangling finances in a divorce can be messy. Impartial advice is key.
7. You want to build wealth – If you’re still decades from retirement, good decisions today can add thousands to your retirement accounts.
See Your 3 Financial Advisor Matches
Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn’t have to be hard. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with financial advisors in your area in 5 minutes. Each advisor has been pre-screened and vetted by SmartAsset and is held to a fiduciary standard. If you’re ready to be matched with local advisors that can help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.